Monday, April 19, 2010

Disoriented

Here it is. As it is. I was trying to get it in order and fixed up so it made sense, chronology intact, grouped perhaps by medical and family and nature sections for ease of use. As it is, it is. This is closer to how it has been these months with Terry in British Columbia. When I first arrived, she was in terrible shape mentally - not psychologically. She was barely functioning as a mom, though that is perhaps the thing she was most able to do. The house was a disaster area, fridge full of rotten food, thick black mold in the bathroom, bills unpaid, scraps of paper everywhere, thick where she wrote and wrote and wrote as if writing all the thoughts would make it start making sense. But the words made no sense testifying not only to months of pain, but to what we later discovered was increasing disability due to hydrocephalus.

Hydrocephalus causes headache, confusion, lack of balance, vision problems, and will lead to death if not treated. The word that comes up most often is "disoriented" thus my decision to stop trying to fix this blog - to make it make sense. Because this is more as it was: disorienting.

I suggest you click on the links to the right and first look at the Feb post. It has the pictures and the disclaimer I insist you read before you get annoyed with me about something I may have written that seemed insensitive. I assure you, Terry approves of this project as it is.

Then you can scroll through the remainder, or you can click through - choosing to attempt chronological order.

No comments:

Post a Comment